Thursday, August 21, 2014

Fire kept in check by sprinkler system at Northrop Grumman facility (Rolling Meadows, IL)

“We responded to a call that came in around 4:15 p.m. Tuesday reporting an electrical explosion,” Rolling Meadows Fire Chief Scott Franzgrote said Tuesday night. “When we arrived we found an electrical panel accident and an arc fire ..."

Apartment fire in kitchen extiguished by fire sprinkler (Lebanon, OR)

At 9:42 pm on Aug. 19 Lebanon Fire District crews responded to an apartment fire at 142 E. Elmore Street.  Upon arrival they found the building was being evacuated and that alarms were sounding that a sprinkler in the third floor apartment had been activated and light smoke was coming from the apartment. The cause of the fire was determined to be a pot of cooking oil that was left on the stove, according to the release.  A sprinkler head extinguished the fire. There were no injuries.