Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Apartment kitchen fire contained by sprinkler system (Chilliwack, BC, Canada)
"Fire crews entered the suite and found a pot on the stove had activated a sprinkler head," said Jeff Ullyot, assistant fire chief. "The sprinkler controlled and extinguished the fire, preventing it from extending beyond the stove," he said. Minor fire and smoke damage was limited to a microwave and an area of the upper cupboards. Ullyot said sprinkler systems continue to prove their worth by limiting fire damage and preventing fire-related injuries and deaths.
Posted by Viking at 3:14 PM